Whole30 Eve

10:16 PM

I spent most of Sunday on the road traveling back from visiting my parents, so I left little time to prep for the beginning of my Whole30 journey. But I wasn't too worried because I knew what I already had on hand in the kitchen and my mom had sent me home with some slow cooker roast to get me started for the week. I did however use this day to contemplate what my 'last supper' would be.

That morning, I ate a little of a almond danish (just because....) but it was not really that great. I got busy and didn't really have much of a snack or lunch. Mostly a few bites of that roast as we were portioning it out for the week. Drank that last glass of milk and I must say that it really wasn't that great so I do not think I will miss it much. I grabbed some water and hit the road for a 2 hr trip back home so I could get to the weekly ladies WoD at my gym. By the time I arrived, I was starving! I had some mixed nuts on hand and water so I at that as my Pre-WoD snack and mixed my last glass of 'Spark' for the next 30 day.....I will miss that 'crushed up Flinstone Vitamins' taste :(

After finishing our partner WoD with my sister, I had a banana and almond butter but wanted junk. Maybe because I knew I couldn't have it soon??? On the ride home, I was planning what to make for dinner but from the long day I was tired and didn't feel like taking on that domestic duty. This is something I know will bite me in the ass a few times in the next month.

When I got home, my husband was prepping some meals for the week as he will be on the road. He was making our trusty go to freezer meal of 'Foil Chicken Bakes'. As much as I do like them, I didn't want to eat them tonight, so I ordered greek food because for some reason I just wanted it. Was it delicious? Eh, it filled the void. And maybe that's actually the thing about a lot of what we eat. We eat what fills the void of hunger and think 'Well, it's not (insert gluttonous fast food meal here), so it's not that bad I guess'. WRONG!

Over the next 30 days, I have decided to commit to a 'Whole30'. That means I am going to continue following a Paleo lifestyle like I have been, but be more strict for this month. Some people see this as 'dumb' or think 'I'm gonna loose weight and then gain it all back after it's over'. THIS IS NOT A DIET; IT'S A LIFESTYLE. I eat Paleo on a normal basis, but I need to reign in my sugar and processed foods demons as the occasional Starbuck's Cinnamon Dolce Latte and Oreo binges have gotten away from me. I blame it on the holidays but they are gone and now what's to blame but my old SAD diet ways (Standard American Diet).

I feel better, have less headaches and low blood sugar episodes, notice my skin is better and I feel a whole lot more strength and stamina in a WoD when I am on track with my eating habits. I have decided to post daily of how I go on this journey as I am not going alone. I put an open invite out on Facebook expecting only to hear from a few friends from my gym and some of my 'food freak' friends....you know who you are and I know you are smiling because you wave your 'freak flag' proudly and I am glad because you have showed me the ropes way back when :)

What you can expect here: a few recipes/workouts/emotions/confessions. My life unscripted. And if you want to join in, hop on where you are as it's never too late to make a change for the good!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Woop, woop, excited to take on this challenge with you! I am assuming I am one of the "Food Freaks" of which you speak?? I sure hope so. ;-)- Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images