The Good Stuff

10:31 PM



It's been almost a month since my last post, but for good reason. I have been firing on all cylinders and am like crazy-busy. No seriously, it's not just an excuse. In the past month I have traveled around the state, lived through 13.1-13.4 and hoping 13.5 doesn't kill me, had cocktails for business and pleasure, gone cross-eyed from staring at this computer screen for 234,987 hours, met some interesting people, dyed Easter eggs and hunted for said eggs and finally, rode the big slide (three times) at the park with my daughter.

Whew. Is it nap time yet? Just kidding; no rest for the weary, man.

On a mission: to the slide!

So, here it is April Fool's Day and that I am, just a fool. No, no practical jokes today folks. I am a fool because I finally realized how fast life moves when you stop to really take it in.

How did I become such an oracle of knowledge? Well, it happened on a rainy car ride home down I-10 yesterday: my two year old sang all of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'

........and all the single ladies said, "Whomp whomp." Complete with eye rolling.

How did this seemingly simple tune turn me to a blubbering fool so quickly? Well, I knew she knew bits and pieces, but to hear them all together without help signified that she IS smart despite my laying awake at night worried she will fail Kindergarten and have a tarnished permanent record. And that the worrying I do about her speech being off is probably just that she is learning at her own pace and it's just fine for her. Besides, a little speech impediment makes 'Twinkle Twinkle' sound that much sweeter ;)

3, 2, 1....away we go

Today, after work, I picked her up and took her to the park. We don't go as often as we should because it gets packed at the 'good park', but it's not long before it's blazing hot outside so we have to make the most of Spring. And boy, am I glad we went. We needed that time together. We need to preserve 'babyhood' as she is quickly moving on. I don't miss a baby; I miss her as a baby. I wish I could freeze time and go back to that first week of no sleep and sit in that rocker holding her with tears streaming down my face because it was then I realized she would never be this small again. Even as I type this, my 'little chef' is sitting to my left saying "Here mommy, I fix it for you," as she bakes me a cake. These little moments are what make the journey more fun than the destination.

The older I get, the less I enjoy heights.
All for my little daredevil ;)


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images