Paleo Hackin': Chocolate Cake in a Cup

8:55 PM


I love cake. There. I said it. Sweets are my vice and even eating Paleo for a year, I still cave for chocolate. Which reminds me, I’m due for a Whole30 once EatLafayette is over. I digress. In the mean time, I stumbled upon this little gem of a quick fix recipe on a friend’s Instagram and adapted it to my taste. So, go whip up at bedtime indulgence before finishing that episode of Real Housewives.

PALEO-ish CHOCOLATE CAKE IN A CUP
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder or arrowroot powder
1/2teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
1 egg
Dash of salt
Add in as desired: sprinkle of cinnamon, almond slivers or pecan pieces

 Grab your favorite coffee mug and combine all ingredients. Whisk with a fork until you have something that looks like cake batter/brownie batter. Place in microwave for 45-60 seconds depending on how soft you like your cake (less time will make it more gooey, more time more cakey). Allow to cool so you don’t burn off your tongue and enjoy.
Know what would make this even better? A big dollop of coconut whipped cream and some fresh strawberries. But, then again, you made this because A) you wanted something now and B) you are lazy like me so odds are C) you don’t have any of the creamy coconut goodness.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images