Fattest Tuesday

9:33 PM

Dinner at 'Besh Steak' in NOLA with the Sutters
Whew! What a long, extended weekend! We have been going nonstop since last Wednesday. Not only did we have awesome friends in town, but it was also my 30th birthday bash AND Mardi Gras. Needless to say, my entire body is revolting against me and begging for clean eating. Which starts promptly tomorrow. Man, it was really hard on me to come off of a 'Whole30' challenge and blow it out of the water with delicious cocktails and king cake! Not a good thing at all. I am thankful that I am not one of those people who get violently ill when eating non-Paleo foods after being super sick. Although, I do not feel top notch after an 'off the wagon' meal.

But, my birthday bash and Mardi Gras were super awesome this year:
Burned up the dance floor
Watched some epic games of flip cup and beer pong
Took some sassy pictures
Squeezed in some WoDs with killer rope climbs
Indulged in some king cake
Caught some beads with my bead magnet, Stella
Did pistols on the parade route
Got kicked out of a popular mexican resturant....


Sorry for party rockin', people. That management needs to get in the Party Gras spirit and roll with it. Nothing like living like you are 21 when you are now 30. I think this was a great way to wrap up the carnival season. Tomorrow starts the beginning of the Lenten season. I am not Catholic, but most of my family is and have many friends who are so I know all about the giving up of something for 40 days. Often I hear of what I think are the two most popular give ups as alcohol or sweets. If you are looking for a really good give up this year, try giving up more than those two and trying eating Paleo for 40 days.

To get back in the groove, I'm considering doing a juice cleanse. I recently read about a local business that will juice for me for a pretty decent price. A quick push of the nutritional reset button if you will. Thought about another (sigh) 'Whole30', but ain't nobody got time for that. No, seriously, I don't have time for that mentally speaking. I need to have a little honey in my coffee from time to time and a dark chocolate square after dinner to settle me down out of frazzled mommy mode from time to time.

Playing around with some dinner ideas for the week while husband is out of town and I promise to post anything super tasty as I know people love new recipes. Also, getting back in the gym hard tomorrow because in two Saturdays I have a competition coming up.



My beloved 'Eye Candy' 


'Blue Dog' painting in restaurant lobby. Love.


Sutters getting their drink on at Pat O'Brien's


Birthday swag. Thirty isn't so bad after all!


Birthday brunch at 'The French Press' with Sutters and Michael


Party time. Sorry so blurry. Apparently our photographer had some of the moonshine.


Left over king cake the morning after the party. CrossFitters were carb loading last night.


Pre-parade eats with my Stella in her festive get up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images