Whole30 Day 5: and 'Fashion Friday'

5:00 PM

I hope all of you out there are succeeding on the plans of clean eating you set out on a short while ago. Doesn't it seem like forever though?! The other day on a run I caught a whiff of something baked/fried/sweet goodness cooking up somewhere. I just enjoyed the smell and carried on. Maybe it was the rain in my face telling me: "Look how dedicated you are. You are running in a monsoon. You don't need that King Cake." Whatever it was, I didn't race to my local bakery after!

Don't get frustrated if you don't feel like you have lost any weight or feel any different physically. It's coming! This is not about 'get thin quick' remember; it's about long term results. Because you are tired of yo yo'ing on the health-o-meter. If you aren't already involved in some kind of regular exercise routine/program, consider something (as long as it's medically ok for you to do so!) to go with these nutritional changes you are making. I, myself am an addicted avid CrossFitter. I love it. If you live in the Lafayette area and don't know what it is and are curious, check this out. If this is not quite your thing, there are plenty of other ways as adults you can get fit without ever stepping foot into a gym! Dedicate an hour of time a day to doing something active. Grab a loved one and get walking if that's what it takes and get your heart rate up! Follow with some push ups, sit ups, squats and you've got a start! After all, we can all step away from the DVR or computer for an hour. I heard it compared on the 'Biggest Looser' like this:

"If a doctor told you you had cancer, and you needed chemo once a day for an hour, would you do it?"

Deep stuff.

Switching gears people! It's well known that I love fashion. I love to wear it, shop for it, and oogle over what I can't afford! Since it's the new year and we've been talking about wellness, gym fashion seems only appropriate.

3 FITNESS FASHIONS I'M LOVING NOW

1. Anything from Lululemon Athletica. I know, I am a Lulu-whore. But I just LOVE what their pants do for my butt! Squats+Lulu=amazeballs! The pant I am loving the most right now for winter is a pair of 'Runder Unders' I got on the 'We made too much' page (aka: Sale!)

These pants are just the right height at the waist if you need some smoothing like I do. And they are reversible. Added bonus is that even if you order them online, you can bring them into any Lulu store for free hemming! I just hate a scrunched ankle on my pants.

2.  Sports bras from 'Moving Comfort'. If you are like me and need some extra support during a workout like running, box jumps, or anything with a little 'bounce' is involved, this is for you. They come in a wide array of colors and best yet can be sized like traditional bras to your exact cup size.

They are a little pricy, but the quality is solid and have held up after much abuse! I personally like the 'Juno' style, but have tried on others and all are really great.

3. Knee high socks! I only have about 2 pair circulating my WoD fashion line up, but lately it's been all about pants, so they are tucked away for now. But, I do love the way you can add a little something with socks: crazy prints, loud colors or verbal expression. Check out these socks from Gumball Poodle!  


Too cute 'Hello Kitty' socks! Can you tell I love pink??
Pair them with your cutest running shorts and you are brightened up for spring just around the corner. Have a little fun with your feet!







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images